The PgMP certification recognizes demonstrated experience, skill and performance in the oversight of multiple, related projects that are aligned with organizational objectives.
Who should apply?
• Manage programs that contain complex activities that span functions, organizations, geographic regions or cultures
Professional work experience
With bachelor’s degree or global equivalent: minimum four years (6,000 hrs) of project management AND four years (6,000 hrs) program management experience within the last 15 years*
With high school diploma or global equivalent: minimum four years (6,000 hrs) of project management AND seven years (10,500 hrs) program management experience within the last 15 years*
Top five reasons to earn a PMI certification:
1. Credibility: Provide an unbiased and reliable means to validate your domain knowledge and professional experience. For over 30 years, PMI has offered certification and is a globally recognized leader in the industry.
2. Transferability: PMI certification is not tied to any one specific methodology, industry, or region. A PMI certification can move and adapt with your career.
3. Competitive advantage: Be more marketable. Many certification holders achieve salary increases, career advancement opportunities and employer recognition.
4. Commitment: Emphasize your commitment to professional growth. By earning and maintaining a PMI certification, you continue to develop your knowledge, skills and abilities.
5. Relevance: Demonstrate your relevance with certifications that are developed by practitioners, upheld by rigorous standards, based on ongoing research and always reflect current industry practices.