The PfMP certification recognizes the advanced skill needed for the coordinated management of one or more portfolios of projects, programs, or operations to achieve organizational objectives.
Who should apply?
• Execute the portfolio management process for their organization;
• Focus on ensuring an organization is investing their resources in the right work – work that enhances organizational strategy and objectives.
Professional work experience
With bachelor’s degree or global equivalent: minimum four years (6,000 hrs) of portfolio management experience AND eight years (96 months) of professional business experience within the last 15 years.
With high school diploma or global equivalent: minimum seven years (10,500 hrs) of portfolio management experience AND eight years (96 months) of professional business experience within the last 15 years.
Top five reasons to earn a PMI certification:
1. Credibility: Provide an unbiased and reliable means to validate your domain knowledge and professional experience. For over 30 years, PMI has offered certification and is a globally recognized leader in the industry.
2. Transferability: PMI certification is not tied to any one specific methodology, industry, or region. A PMI certification can move and adapt with your career.
3. Competitive advantage: Be more marketable. Many certification holders achieve salary increases, career advancement opportunities and employer recognition.
4. Commitment: Emphasize your commitment to professional growth. By earning and maintaining a PMI certification, you continue to develop your knowledge, skills and abilities.
5. Relevance: Demonstrate your relevance with certifications that are developed by practitioners, upheld by rigorous standards, based on ongoing research and always reflect current industry practices.