As a PMP® candidate, you will learn how to conduct a needs assessment of your company. With this information you will develop a system that helps your company achieve its goals. This requires an advanced level of planning and coordination skills. You will learn how to execute your plans while overseeing quality control. Resource acquisition, team management and third-party collaboration are other skills you will pick up in preparing for the PMP exam.
- Project Management Framework
- Project Cost Management
- Project Integration Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Resource Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Globally recognized and respected certification
- The PMP® certification recognizes your expertise in Project Management
- You will be a member of one of the most prestigious professional groups
- Globally recognized by leading companies
WHAT SKILLS WILL YOU LEARN?
- Modern project management tools such as work breakdown structure, resource allocation, Gant charts, and mathematical project scheduling models, project cost estimating, cost management and engineering economics.
- Developing a broad and flexible toolkit of techniques and adapting your approach to the context and constraints of projects.
- Delivering projects on scope, on time and on budget.
- Cultivating the people skills, trust, and leadership necessary to meet project requirements.
- Earn the required 35 PDUs to take the PMP certification exam.
The eligibility requirements for PMP® certification are:
|Education||Project Management Experience||Project Management Education|
|Non-graduates||5 years/7500 hours||35 hours|
|Graduates||3 years/4500 hours||35 hours|
The PMP® examination is comprised of 200 multiple-choice questions. Of the 200 questions, 25 are considered pretest questions. Pretest questions do not affect the score and are used in examinations as an effective and legitimate way to test the validity of future examination questions. All questions are randomly placed throughout the examination. The allotted time to complete the computer-based examination is four hours. There is no exact cut off marks for passing this exam. A pass/fail result score is generated based on your overall performance on the examination. The second level of results is the assignment of one of the three proficiency levels to each chapter – Proficient, Moderately Proficient and Below Proficient.
|Domains||% of Items/Domain|
|Initiating the Project||13%|
|Planning the Project||24%|
|Executing the Project||30%|
|Monitoring and Controlling the Project||25%|
|Closing the Project||8%|
|Total Number of Scored Questions||175|
|Total Number of Unscored (Pre-test) Questions||25|
|Total Number of Questions||200|
THE PMP® CERTIFICATION EXAM FEES FOR PMI® MEMBERS AND NONMEMBERS ARE:
|PMP® Certification Exam fee with PMI Membership||$405|
|PMP® Certification Exam fee without PMI Membership||$555|
|PMI® Membership fee||$139|
|PMI® Membership renewal fee||$129 per year|
|Re-examination fee for PMI® members||$275|
|Re-examination fee for non-members||$375|