The PMI-PBA certification highlights expertise in business analysis. It spotlights ability to work effectively with stakeholders to define their business requirements, shape the output of projects and drive successful business outcomes.
Who should apply?
• Conduct business analysis activities for projects and programs
• Have responsibility for managing requirements for projects and programs
Professional work experience
With bachelor’s degree or global equivalent: minimum three years (4,500 hrs) of business analysis experience:
2,000 hours working on project teams within the last eight years** With high school diploma or global equivalent: minimum five years (7,500 hrs) of business analysis experience AND 2,000 hours working on project teams within the last eight years.
Top five reasons to earn a PMI certification:
1. Credibility: Provide an unbiased and reliable means to validate your domain knowledge and professional experience. For over 30 years, PMI has offered certification and is a globally recognized leader in the industry.
2. Transferability: PMI certification is not tied to any one specific methodology, industry, or region. A PMI certification can move and adapt with your career.
3. Competitive advantage: Be more marketable. Many certification holders achieve salary increases, career advancement opportunities and employer recognition.
4. Commitment: Emphasize your commitment to professional growth. By earning and maintaining a PMI certification, you continue to develop your knowledge, skills and abilities.
5. Relevance: Demonstrate your relevance with certifications that are developed by practitioners, upheld by rigorous standards, based on ongoing research and always reflect current industry practices.