The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) certification course ensures that candidates gain the knowledge and skills required to leverage intelligence and threat detection techniques, analyze and interpret data, identify and address vulnerabilities, suggest preventative measures, and effectively respond to and for clients.
Where is this in the CompTIA Career Pathway?
The CompTIA Career Pathways allow IT professionals to achieve vendor-neutral infrastructure and mastery in the cybersecurity domain.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Threat & Vulnerability Management
- Software & System Security
- Security Operations & Monitoring
- Incident response
- Compliance & Assessment
Top CYSA+ Job Roles
• Security analyst – Tier II SOC analyst – Security monitoring
• Threat intelligence analyst
• Security engineer
• Application security analyst
• Incident response or handler
• Compliance analyst
• Threat hunter
This course is for cybersecurity practitioners who perform job functions related to protecting the information of the systems by ensuring their availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-redundancy. This course focuses on teaching the knowledge, ability, and skills necessary to defend those information systems in the cybersecurity domain including protection, detection, analysis, investigation, and response processes. Besides, the course ensures that all members of an IT team—everyone from the help desk staff to the Chief Information Officer— are well versed with their role for the organization.
Student Guide Lesson Overview
- Lesson 1: Explaining the Importance of Security Controls and
- Lesson 2: Security Intelligence
- Lesson 3: Utilizing Threat Data and Intelligence
- Lesson 4: Analyzing Security Monitoring Data
- Lesson 5: Collecting and Querying Security Monitoring Data
- Lesson 6: Utilizing Digital Forensics and Indicator Analysis Techniques
- Lesson 7: Applying Incident Response Procedures
- Lesson 8: Applying Risk Mitigation and Security Frameworks
- Lesson 9: Performing Vulnerability Management
- Lesson 10: Applying Security Solutions for Infrastructure Management
- Lesson 11: Understanding Data Privacy and Protection
- Lesson 12: Applying Security Solutions for Software Assurance
- Lesson 13: Applying Security Solutions for Cloud and Automation