ECSA (Practical) is a 12-hour, rigorous practical exam built to test your penetration testing skills. The candidates are required to demonstrate the applications of penetration testing methodology that is taught in the ECSA program. The candidate is required to perform a comprehensive security audit of an organization, just like in the real world. You will start with challenges requiring you to perform advanced network scans beyond perimeter defences, leading to automated and manual vulnerability analysis, exploit selection, customization, launch, and post exploitation manoeuvres.
The key outcomes that the candidate will learn on the successful completion of this practical are the following:
• Test your ability to perform threat and exploit research, understand exploits in the wild, write your own exploits, customize payloads, and make critical decisions
• Create a professional pen testing report with essential elements
• Perform advanced network scans beyond perimeter defences, leading to automated and manual vulnerability analysis, exploit selection, customization, launch and post exploitation manoeuvres.
• Customize payloads
• Make critical decisions at different phases of a pen-testing engagement
• Perform advanced network scans beyond perimeter defences
• Perform automated and manual vulnerability analysis
• Customization, launch, and post exploitation manoeuvres
• Perform a full-fledged Penetration Testing engagement
• Create a professional pen-testing report
• Demonstrate the application of penetration testing methodology presented in the ECSA program