C|EH Practical is a six-hour, rigorous exam that requires you to demonstrate the application of ethical hacking techniques such as threat vector identification, network scanning, OS detection, vulnerability analysis, system hacking, web app hacking, etc. to solve a security audit challenge. This is the next step after you have attained the highly acclaimed Certified Ethical Hacker certification.
The key outcomes that the candidate will learn on the successful completion of this practical exam are the following:
• Mastery of Ethical Hacking skills.
• Demonstrate the application of the knowledge to find solutions to real-life challenges.
• Commitment to code of ethics.
• Validate essential skills required in the ethical hacking domains.
• Demonstrate the understanding of attack vectors
• Perform network scanning to identify live and vulnerable machines in a network.
• Perform OS banner grabbing, service, and user enumeration.
• Perform system hacking, steganography, steganalysis attacks, and cover tracks.
• Identify and use viruses, computer worms, and malware to exploit systems.
• Perform packet sniffing.
• Conduct a variety of web server and web application attacks including directory traversal, parameter tampering, XSS, etc.
• Perform SQL injection attacks.
• Perform different types of cryptography attacks.
• Perform vulnerability analysis to identify security loopholes in the target organization’s network, communication infrastructure, and end systems etc.