CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) is an introduction to the domains of IT. This course helps the course seeker to gain knowledge and skills that help professionals decide a career in IT. It also helps organizations prepare skilled and capable teams for digital transformation.
Where is this in the CompTIA Career Pathway?
The CompTIA Career Pathways allow IT professionals to achieve vendor-neutral infrastructure and cybersecurity mastery.
About Core Skills Certifications
CompTIA’s core IT skills certification program helps level up and lay the foundation for a successful career in IT, no matter which path you take.
This course will also help the candidates to successfully pass the CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) certification exam.
Who would benefit from IT Fundamentals (ITF+)?
- Students considering a career in IT
• Marketing, sales and operations staff in IT-based organizations
CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) is an introduction to basic IT knowledge and skills that helps students decide a career in IT. It also helps organizations prepare teams of skilled and enthusiasts for digital transformation. After completing the course, students will have the ability to demonstrate and will have a deep understanding of:
• Installing software
• Establishing basic network connectivity
• Identifying or preventing basic security breaches
• Explaining troubleshooting theory and maintenance of devices
Student Guide Lesson Overview
- Module 1: Using Computers
- Module 1 / Unit 1: Common Computing Devices
• Module 1 / Unit 2: Using a Workstation
• Module 1 / Unit 3: Using an OS
• Module 1 / Unit 4: Managing an OS
• Module 1 / Unit 5: Troubleshooting and Support
- Module 2: Using Apps and Databases
• Module 2 / Unit 1: Using Data Types and Units
• Module 2 / Unit 2: Using Apps
• Module 2 / Unit 3: Programming and App Development
• Module 2 / Unit 4: Using Databases
- Module 3: Using Computer Hardware
• Module 3 / Unit 1: System Components
• Module 3 / Unit 2: Using Device Interfaces
• Module 3 / Unit 3: Using Peripheral Devices
• Module 3 / Unit 4: Using Storage Devices
• Module 3 / Unit 5: Using File Systems
- Module 4: Using Networks
• Module 4 / Unit 1: Networking Concepts
• Module 4 / Unit 2: Connecting to a Network
• Module 4 / Unit 3: Secure Web Browsing
• Module 4 / Unit 4: Using Shared Storage
• Module 4 / Unit 5: Using Mobile Devices
- Module 5: Security Concepts
• Module 5 / Unit 1: Security Concerns
•Module 5 / Unit 2: Using Best Practices
• Module 5 / Unit 3: Using Access Controls
• Module 5 / Unit 4: Behavioural Security Concepts